Project Engineer – 3 Waters, Gisborne
Close Date: February 24, 2020
Country: New Zealand
Job Description PDF: https://wspnz.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000qqp/0hXelzWtYjU_vDZdGBD9P5Xgpb1hrbNs1SgexwkLu00
WSP is a collaborative team of global experts who aspire every day to shape a better tomorrow.
With more than 49,000 people working in over 550 offices across 40 countries, we are one of the world’s leading engineering consultancy firms.
We value our people, our reputation, and our impact on the future. At WSP our role is to plan, design, manage and engineer our communities to thrive. We want our work to bring long-term improvements and to future proof our cities and environments.
Our Gisborne team have an excellent opportunity for an outgoing individual to join their team. The position is ideal for someone who has worked in the 3 waters industry. The successful candidate will develop relationships to manage projects and complete designs on time to budget and scope and provide outstanding service to our clients. You will manage Waters, Environmental and construction projects up to Tier 3 Detailed site investigations and lead Projects as Project Director or Project Manager taking full ownership and responsibility for project outcomes.
Gisborne and surrounding area is known as Tairāwhiti, which means "the coast upon which the sun shines across the water". Interestingly, it is the first place in the world to see the sunrise. The city is known for its food, wineries, surfing, and fabulous cycling and walking tracks. Gisborne’s laid-back lifestyle along with great weather and community feel make it an excellent place to live and work.
Skills and Experience:
• Have provided strategic and operational advice to support client’s management of assets and services
• Experience in leading and undertaking designs of 3-water, wastewater, and Storm water projects
• Have undertaken investigations, inspections, analysis, design and documentation
• Have had experience in supporting the technical development and knowledge of direct reports and other junior staff.
• Be able to develop strong working relationships with clients
• A degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification in an area related to Civil/ Environmental Engineering
• 8+ years’ experience in 3-waters Engineering, particularly in conveyance and Storm water
• Have, or be working towards CPEng
• Current clean Driver’s License
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of what makes us great. Are you ready to be part of WSP?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.
WSP recognises and values the range of characteristics that make people unique, and do this in an environment that celebrates individual and collective achievement. We believe embracing diversity and inclusion delivers positive experiences for people and clients.
He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata.
What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people.