Senior Planner, Whangarei
Close Date: January 26, 2020
Country: New Zealand
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000lvo/if7WLQSoaHLwS.T9zBoS485DHDA04p8mHid8dF1bkpQ
BE PART OF IT
It’s the commitment to our people that sets us apart, and the calibre of our people that makes us great. Build your career with WSP Opus and Be Part of It.
Needed is a Senior Planner in our busy Whangarei office to provide resource management planning and engagement services to our clients. In addition, the successful candidate will provide technical environmental impact assessment, project and client management, and project delivery. The position will also contribute to growing our business through leading and contributing to business development opportunities and mentoring staff.
• Demonstrate sound knowledge of resource management planning and formulates advice to clients on resource management plans and policies.
• Is able to make sound decisions about technical issues and can problem solve for clients in order to get the best possible outcome for a project.
• Produce innovative and original resource management planning outcomes that are well thought through.
• Prepare district plan changes, submissions on plan changes and policy statements and supporting technical reports.
• Provide support and undertake reviews of other team member's work.
• Produce research, feasibility studies and subsequent reporting suitable for review and client presentation.
• Present evidence and advice at local authority hearings.
• Advise on Resource Management Act and Local Government Act matters.
• Has a good appreciation of relevant legislation and related advisory work, under the supervision of relevant discipline Principals.
• Prepare and process resource consent applications, assessment of environmental effects, notice of requirements and
You will have:
• A tertiary qualification in planning/resource management or related discipline is essential.
• A member of the NZPI, EIANZ or similar.
• Minimum of 8 years professional experience in planning/resource management or related discipline
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, including oral and written communication and particularly the ability to present ideas, information and advice in a way that is understandable by a range of audiences.
Are you ready to be part of it?