52 Open positions
Work Group Manager – Water and Wastewater
Close Date: July 31, 2019
Country: New Zealand
Sector: Water & Waste Water
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000008vq0/R1RU.nFrm9JARaFDvYCKd5owWvWpjKD8zHTWRaZzV4U
It’s the commitment to our people that sets us apart, and the calibre of our people that makes us great. Build your career with WSP Opus and Be Part of It.
We believe that everybody at WSP Opus has a valuable contribution to make. We strive to provide a collaborative workplace that embraces diversity, where our people feel included, comfortable and motivated in their careers.
Your role at WSP Opus will be to lead and manage the Water and Wastewater team within Hamilton. To provide engineering consultancy services to clients, including project management, project scoping, investigation, analysis, design, reporting, for environmental engineering and related projects. To also identify, create and deliver business opportunities across all disciplines for the WSP Opus business where possible.
In terms of location you would be based in Hamilton. Some travel may be required in the role
Requirements of the role, but not limited too;
- You would typically have 7-10 years experience in a Water and/or Wastewater leadership role.
- Bachelor level qualification in Engineering at a Chartered level.
- Take a leadership role in the technical delivery of water and wastewater projects (Project Manager, Project Director and/or Technical Lead).
- Continue to develop a good technical understanding of engineering design for a wide range of potable water, wastewater, storm water, irrigation and other water projects.
- Plan projects and provide leadership to other staff to correctly scope out projects and have appropriate inputs and outputs including verification activities.
- Prepare and update project quality plans, task plans and project briefs.
- Manage appropriate investigations, inspections, engineering analysis, design and documentation to find solutions to client problems in accordance with the project brief.
- Ensuring that all outputs within the Water and Wastewater work group are delivered on time and meet client’s explicit and implicit needs and expectations.
- Maintain knowledge of appropriate technical standards, legislation, codes of practice and New Zealand Standards.
- Ensure appropriate utilisation is maintained within your project team.
- Provide guidance to and mentoring of other staff and assist in their technical and professional development.
- Identify, plan, and act on opportunities that will grow the water and wastewater team.
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to provide engineering services across in coordination with local and national Work Group Managers.
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of what makes us great. Are you ready to be part of it?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.