39 Open positions
Senior Bridge and Civil Structures Engineer – Whanganui, New Zealand
Close Date: May 19, 2019
Country: New Zealand
Sector: Bridges & Civil Structures
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F000000D9F0/YPvGbMUdQbScKqtiEJPxFMIi9IwfXNgTe1vIZB0jY3M
It’s the commitment to our people that sets us apart, and the calibre of our people that makes us great. Build your career with WSP Opus and Be Part of It.
Our busy Whanganui office requires a Senior Bridge and Civil Structures Engineer to join our very experienced team. There is scope for this role to develop into a Deputy Team Leader position.
You will join an experienced team in a city that offers a great lifestyle, excellent cost of living along with a work life balance. It is a community with a rich heritage, great schools, vibrant arts scene in conjunction with an abundance of activities year-round, ranging from skiing, tramping, fishing and mountain biking to local events.
• Maintain knowledge of civil/ engineering procedures, engineering design with particular reference to current codes and specifications.
• Maintain knowledge of appropriate engineering software and design tools.
• Produce research, feasibility studies and subsequent reporting suitable for review and client presentation.
• Produce designs, calculations and drawings suitable for review purposes and preparation of contract documentation.
• Prepare and implement contract documentation, specifications, schedules and project estimates.
• Undertake construction supervision and contract administration to company and standard procedures as required.
You will have:
• Keen interest and knowledge of the relevant design codes, standards, legislation and practices
• Be proactive in adapting leading edge Civil Engineering solutions.
• Strong organisational ability to optimise and prioritise conflicting demands in a busy environment, to achieve deadlines and see responsibilities through to completion.
• Current clean Drivers License
And how about you? You’ll be agile, invested in your career have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we’ll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.
Are you ready to be part of it?