39 Open positions
Senior Ports and Marine Engineer, Auckland
Close Date: April 26, 2019
Country: New Zealand
Sector: Transport Infrastructure and Road Safety
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000008w8Y/h6747qSYko5s5oV8ZnrAuz1wAk2Iw51W_my7UESuCDs
• Manage tasks and projects, and implement timely and clear reporting systems, to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the required quality.
• Achieve the planned profit in relation to the Business Plan, by managing the project financial systems, invoicing and reporting.
• Proactively engage with clients, internal and external project managers, contractors and other consultants, and assist project teams to deliver the services within the required standards, and time and cost constraints.
• Regularly communicate with clients/team and to ensure they are well informed about the project, aware of project risks and involved in key project decisions to ensure their expectations are met
• Liaise, coordinate and control activities with other sections of the business, in order to achieve technical quality, budget, programme objectives, and provide a total service to clients in order to achieve overall client satisfaction.
• Keep the Project Director informed about project progress, issues and risks
• Assist Line Managers with the training and development of staff.
• Manage and/or provide technical support for projects
• Undertake verification activities and be part of technical reviews of projects.
• Assist with the ongoing growth and development of our Port and Marine business.
• Ensure that all projects and activities have an approved safety plan and that health and safety issues are managed through the project plan.
• Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or equivalent, and membership of EngNZ, ICE etc., or at least be working towards attaining this status.
• Current clean NZ Driver’s License.
• Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in the field of civil engineering, including experience in ports and maritime engineering.
• Relevant structural analysis software packages (LUSAS and Macrostrain are WSP Opus preferred packages).
• Experience leading marine and port related engineering projects
• Experience in the New Zealand market preferred
We believe that everybody at WSP Opus has a valuable contribution to make. We strive to provide a collaborative workplace that embraces diversity, where our people feel included, comfortable and motivated in their careers.
For further information, please view the full position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.