39 Open positions
Senior Communications Advisor – Transport Projects
Close Date: April 30, 2019
Country: New Zealand
Sector: Integrated Transport Planning
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F000000D9YH/ZRkHymgIsFrV5HPR9qbqk6zVgXphUeF6PWLnu5LvnWE
WSP Opus is a team of global experts who aspire every day to transform the natural and built environment to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the great work starts with great people, and through our collaborative approach, we're creating innovative solutions for clients and future generations of New Zealanders.
We are looking for a Senior Communications Advisor to work within our Transport team based in Auckland. Working solely on Strategic Transportation Projects, the purpose of the role is to facilitate two-way communications within projects, develop ongoing relationships with stakeholders and ensure project work is positively perceived by target audiences.
• Work on strategic projects with key clients in one of our priority sectors.
• Develop and execute plans to ensure effective communication between internal and external stakeholder groups.
• Supervise, coordinate and create internal communications within the project(s).
• Establish and develop constructive and positive relationships with clients and key stakeholders.
• Build visibility of project/client brand by seeking out event (or other) opportunities for two-way knowledge sharing (in to, and out of, the project(s).
• Identify, interact and consult with stakeholders to proactively facilitate the resolution of stakeholder issues.
• Excellent communications skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal stakeholders and clients.
• Outstanding written skills – stakeholder comms (email/intranet/newsletter articles), website copy, media releases, thought-leadership (op-ed).
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent self-management skills and ability to deliver results to deadlines without direct supervision.
• Ability to understand and explain/translate technical information to stakeholders as required.
• A strong understanding of commercial drivers with a level of maturity needed to understand project and business needs.