52 Open positions
Close Date: March 31, 2019
Country: New Zealand
Sector: Transport Infrastructure and Road Safety
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000008w5Z/qEgn1o_Ntn5wqBPee0z4h.XmUafhw4TIY9eptBV6CMk
Engineer your part in the future of WSP Opus.
Build your career with WSP Opus and Be Part of It. Our commitment to our people sets us apart, and the calibre of our people makes us great.
We have a marvellous opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join our collaborative team in Greymouth. The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking professional engineering consultancy services for the West Coast area and wider WSP Opus business.
The role is also responsible for project management and construction supervision to ensure projects – primarily related to transport – are completed successfully and to standard. Projects will be varied, including river and coastal protection works, pavement design, safety projects, road realignments, assessments, and more.
- Be a key part of WSP Opus’ multidisciplinary teams to win in an evolving market.
- See projects through from conception to completion.
- Support a wide variety of projects, focussing on transportation projects.
- Opportunity to develop technical capability through exposure to a wide range of projects.
- Development opportunities to suit your individual strengths or aspirations with the potential to grow in leadership and/or project management.
Greymouth is a lovely town on the west coast of the South Island. The town is situated among gorgeous scenery, with coastline and mountains surrounding. Greymouth is an ideal home for those who love the outdoors and work-life balance. Here you can enjoy clifftop walking along Point Elizabeth Walkway, cycling along the West Coast Wilderness Trail, fishing at Lake Brunner, and tramping and hunting at Paparoa National Park.
Skills and experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering).
- CPEng or working towards professional recognition.
- Current clean full Driver Licence.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional civil engineering experience; NZ experience preferred.
- Intermediate familiarity with 3910 contracts.
- Experience in project management and construction monitoring for transportation projects in New Zealand.
- Strong, clear communication skills and an eye for detail.
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of what makes us great. Are you ready to be part of WSP Opus?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.