50 Open positions
Senior GIS Specialist – Wellington
Close Date: February 24, 2019
Country: New Zealand
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000Qxb/p6cvUrcN9p8nvdYwznr4k0Ckx.Ixp0Gv_5h3N4D5Bn8
• Maintain knowledge of appropriate technical standards, legislation, codes of practice and New Zealand standards.
• Gather spatial data for a variety of resilience and other projects, construct and manage database, analyse data to provide the required outputs.
• Use programming to generate the required spatial outputs and where necessary present data through web portals.
• Produce spatial maps using best practice cartography and advice on the best solution for displaying and presenting spatial information.
• Track industry trends and best practice and standards in GIS, share ideas with the GIS team and help the organisation apply innovation in the performance of projects.
• 5+ years GIS experience
• Current Drivers Licence.
• Experience in working with 3-dimensional data and producing 3D maps and models. Experience in using CAD is desirable.
• Post graduate qualification or knowledge of engineering disciplines
• Aptitude for working across different platforms and spatial formats.
• Experience in python scripting.
• Experience in FME and other ETL tools.