50 Open positions
Head of Major Transport Projects
Close Date: February 21, 2019
Country: New Zealand
Job Description PDF:
In terms of location Auckland based is preferred but Wellington, Hamilton or Christchurch will also be considered for the right person. This is a national role and you will be expected to travel.
• Ensure effective commercial management via your leadership and direction of commercial and client outcomes.
• Development and implementation of the Major Projects based on the WSP Opus NZ Business Plan.
• Proactively identify, assess and manage operational and commercial risks that may impact project deliverables.
• Monitor and hold people to account for commercial profitability of the projects leads within your sector to maximise commercial and project outcomes.
• Actively engage with relevant parties to monitor and ensure delivery of projects to the commercial targets.
• Creating, maintaining and growing client relationships for the project team.
• Instil a strong client centric ethos in the sub-sector, leveraging global know-how, resources, and technical expertise to be the leading consultancy in our chosen markets.
• Actively engage and collaborate on strategic client engagements, growth and building opportunities.
• Lead and ensure the development of a strong client focus within the sub-sector.
• Manage and ensure development of client pipeline and prospects across the sub-sector.
• Actively monitor and manage Major Project Executives to ensure client outcomes are achieved per Project outcomes and Contract.
• Lead and develop a high performing team of client focussed and commercially savvy direct reports.
• Model leadership qualities and behaviours aligned to the WSP leadership model and develop leaders to do the same.
• Model and promote behaviours in line with WSP Opus Guiding Principles and ensure a high level of behaviour and professionalism is developed within your sub-sector
• Ensure the management of people-based plans and workforce planning within your sub-sector to ensure the right capability and capacity is available to deliver outcomes to our clients.
• Lead and coach your people with strong performance and talent management practices to deliver to their potential and to achieve a best for WSP Opus mindset
• Hold your team accountable for commercial delivery of projects, compliance with WSP Opus policies and agreed client outcomes.
• Extensive experience developing and implementing business plans
• Experience with Risk Management Frameworks – operational and commercial
• Extensive senior project management experience with a strong commercial focus
• Experience developing client pipelines and prospects across the industry/sector
• Proven experience of developing effective relationships with clients.
• Evidence of building or developing client centric focused leadership teams
• Experience establishing and leading a disparate national team
• Evidence of building effective and strong relationships between sector and regional businesses
• Experience developing people, identifying successors, managing employee performance resulting in high levels of engagement
• Strong workforce planning skills