84 Open positions
Principal Coastal Engineer
Close Date: February 1, 2019
Country: New Zealand
Sector: Water & Environmental
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000P33/hnOPIi.1ZUDrxBzqnC4eYPLaxhaq_1JlsJgtRwC0yAA
Be part of what makes us great.
Building a progressive and supportive environment, which enables our talented people to future-proof their potential, is a priority that is fundamental to our success. Ultimately, we aspire to ensure that every employee feels a strong sense of belonging and has the opportunity to affect their own impact.
The opportunity but not limited to:
- Lead the delivery of consulting services on a range of coastal engineering projects and flood risk management investigations. •
- Develop/sustain a thought leadership role in the flood risk management and hydraulic engineering sectors, both nationally and internationally. •
- To have and maintain a national and international reputation for innovative and excellent project delivery
- Provide expert engineering advice to clients (and for example to the Environment Court) on a range of river and coastal engineering issues.
- Provide input/leadership to project teams to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to the required quality. Ensure projects achieve the planned profit.
- Develop and maintain a professional profile with key clients and the engineering/scientific community generally
You will have:
- BE or equivalent tertiary qualification in Engineering. •
- Registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer in New Zealand, or equivalent registration with a recognised overseas body. •
- An industry recognised qualification or equivalent experience in Project Management such as PRINCE2 or PMP. •
- Current clean Drivers Licence •
- Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience with at least five years’ industry recognition as a leader in a flood risk management & engineering related field. •
- Has managed at least five projects as a tier two to three (OPUSPMAF) manager and able to demonstrate and describe own development through managing them. •
- Has been exposed to senior guidance and advice through a mentor relationship with a tier three or tier four project manager.
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of what makes us great. Are you ready to be part of it?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.
WSP Opus is closed from the 24th of December and will open again on the 7th of January. All applications will be responded to in January once the office has re-opened.