84 Open positions
Geotechnical Engineer – Auckland
Close Date: January 27, 2019
Country: New Zealand
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000Pmh/dTKlT_GUoyOMIqtyO3sZVW7QJfIjmjddZ6uXF.ze32s
Needed is a Geotechnical Engineer to join our established Westhaven team. You will provide consultancy services to our clients in the areas of Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, Pavements and Tunnelling. In particular, the successful candidate will complete site investigations, analysis, reporting, design, and construction observations for a wide array of leading civil and environmental infrastructure projects, including buildings, bridges, roading, water and wastewater, power and land development projects. If you are a natural collaborator and enjoy working in a supportive team environment, this is a great opportunity to join the WSP Opus team
• The preparation of fee estimates, methodology and schedules to ensure that projects operate on a profitable basis, with appropriate technical content and timeliness.
• Planning and execution of geotechnical site investigations.
• Geotechnical analysis and design of civil engineering works.
• Construction management of civil engineering works.
• Production of technical reports and construction documents (e.g. specifications and drawings).
• Current clean Drivers Licence
• Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in engineering, predominantly the geotechnical field
• Strong organisational ability to optimise and prioritise conflicting demands in a busy environment, to achieve deadlines and see responsibilities through to completion.
And how about you? You'll be agile, invested in your career and have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we'll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects and the opportunity to work with world-leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.