84 Open positions
Principal Project Director
Close Date: October 26, 2018
Country: New Zealand
Sector: Buildings & Property
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000Pqe/5jPFgHYVVI5va6.zCo8VVTRMFJuPV_oD5u7_Jfd_8sE
WSP Opus International Consultants are team of global experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we're creating innovative solutions for future generations.
Needed is a Principal Project Director who will quickly become a champion of good professional practice, a visible link to the market and associated professional bodies and a true advocate for Opus in the industry. This is a terrific opportunity to work with our multi-disciplinary Buildings Team in Wellington and be involved in a number of large scale projects in the capital and beyond. We are an international player and our design teams work together, across the globe to contribute to projects worldwide.
- Work with Market/Technical Directors and General/Business Managers in providing leadership and direction to the growth and profit improvement of the Buildings sector.
- Aid the Market/Technical Directors in alignment of resources and skills in major buildings projects across the New Zealand business.
- Act as Project Director (or Project Manager/Team Leader as appropriate) on projects focusing on service excellence and be accountable to deliver on time the best possible outcomes to our clients.
- Foster the desired company culture through project leadership with effective and inclusive practices.
- Work collaboratively with the Buildings Technical Director and with General Managers to realise the market sector strategic goals
You will have
- Registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer in New Zealand, or equivalent registration with a recognised body.
- An industry recognised qualification in Project Management such as PRINCE2 or PMP.
- Minimum of 20 years’ professional experience with at least five years’ industry recognition as a leader in project management.
- Proven track record of major project delivery and able to describe own development through managing them.
- Has operated under different contractual models such as D&C, Hybrid Network Contract, Alliance or P3/PPP.
- Recognised by clients as a principal project manager who is able to lead complex projects.
And how about you? You'll be agile, invested in your career have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we'll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. At WSP Opus, we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.