84 Open positions
Structural Inspector Engineer
Close Date: August 23, 2018
Country: New Zealand
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000RXQ/.WJvkTvqyS0DMolQ_UzFgjYqmMTdlMRIZZBnqLkAu7s
WSP Opus is a team of experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we're creating innovative solutions for future generations. .
Our Guiding Principles shape us as an organisation; we value our people, our reputation and our impact on the future. We are looking for a Structural Inspector to join our Bridges and Civil Structures team.
The role can be based in Auckland or Hamilton and offers both autonomy and variety as you undertake structural asset inspections and maintenance programming for some of the largest bridge and civil structures projects in the Auckland and Waikato regions. This is an excellent career opportunity where you can showcase your technical and project management skills and broad understanding of relevant standards and legislation.
- Choice of location, Auckland or Hamilton
- Variety and autonomy – not stuck in the office all day
- Champion best practice as we grow our business and clients
- Provide innovative thinking and continue to develop our advances in the industry
You will have:
- A Civil Engineering qualification that provides an understanding of structural asset management
- A current clean NZ Drivers Licence
- Computer literacy and be proficient in MS Office applications
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills including the ability to write reports and present ideas, information and advice in a way that is understandable by a range of audiences.
And how about you? You'll be agile, invested in your career and have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. To be successful, you must be a self-starter and able to show initiative. You will have the opportunity to work autonomously so your confidence, organisational skills and ability to multitask will be fully utilised. Give the consultancy nature of our business, you will also need to demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills.
In return, we'll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. At WSP Opus, we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success. If you are looking for a change and a challenge, we have a place for you.
Apply online by clicking on 'apply' and for further information, please view the position description on our careers page www.wsp-opuscareers.co.nz