84 Open positions
Senior Environmental Engineer
Close Date: August 31, 2018
Country: New Zealand
Region: Palmerston North
Sector: Water & Environmental
Job Description PDF:
Sick of the “same old”? How can working in regional offices supercharge your career?
In some cases, spending time in a smaller branch can supercharge a career. In larger centres you may feel there is not enough variety, whereas when you move out to regional offices, the requirement to be more autonomous and skilled across a wider range of services and experiences becomes almost a necessity. It could even simply come down to cost of living!
Our expanding Environmental team has an opportunity in our Palmerston North Office. Our extensive New Zealand engineering teams frequently win awards, and we are well known for the opportunity to work on large and complex infrastructure projects.
We offer great workload diversity with our national workload spanning a variety of projects across Water, Wastewater and Stormwater.
- To complete investigations, design calculations for water activities, and oversee contract and construction works
- Develop and maintain a professional profile with key clients and the engineering/scientific community generally, particularly throughout Opus.
- Understand risk identification and mitigation as appropriate for three waters engineering projects.
- Contribute to the consolidation of our position as a leading provider of sound innovative solutions.
- Act as Project Manager for projects, ensuring that all deliverables meet client's explicit and implicit needs.
You will have:
- Minimum of 5-10 years ‘professional experience as a civil/environmental professional. With a key focus on the three waters environment.
- Design, construction/ supervision experience in either water supply/ wastewater, storm water or drainage is essential.
- Experience of low impact/water sensitive design, storm water reticulation design, detention and treatment design, culvert design and open channel design
- Strong organisational ability to optimise and prioritise conflicting demands in a busy environment, to achieve deadlines and see responsibilities through to completion.
Why not start with a confidential chat? If you are looking for a meaningful career path or a change in lifestyle and location, come and have a chat with us.
For further information, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team on 027 644 2722. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.