Close Date: January 27, 2019
Country: New Zealand
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000Oj8/BEYqEik_Xxxr5V6DnAWw3AlV0u.Ru1TkIeBQW8Vi7Fw
WSP Opus is a team of experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we're creating innovative solutions for future generations.
Needed is a Team Leader Project Delivery to join our successful team in Manukau. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the team to carry out tasks such as site investigation, survey, project management, economic analysis, quantity estimation, construction drawings, tender document preparation, tender evaluation and recommendation, contract administration/MSQA and management of various civil, parks and other engineering projects.
The Team leader is also responsible for ensuring the team delivers detailed design for pavement rehabilitation and renewal, preparation of contract documents and estimates for renewal and civil works. This will require liaison with other content experts within the office and wider WSP Opus team.
• To provide leadership and development to the Projects team within the Auckland South business.
• Support transport and traffic projects
• Work with and brief other WSP Opus disciplines
• Ensure that all team deliverables meet.
• Ensure that client’s explicit and implicit needs and expectations are met, and build relationships with clients.
• Prepare fee estimates and negotiation of fees for services with clients, ensuring that projects operate on a profitable basis.
You will have:
• Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), NZCE (Civil) or equivalent qualification desirable.
• CPEng or working towards professional recognition.
• Current clean unrestricted Drivers Licence.
• Minimum of 6 years professional experience in a senior role in either a relevant consulting or Local Authority environment.
• Experience in contract management in New Zealand Conditions
• Experience in the role of the Engineer to the Contract for works under NZS 3910 Conditions of Contract.
• Expertise and experience in the process and application of funding requests to NZTA for transport projects.
And how about you? You'll be agile, invested in your career and have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we'll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects and the opportunity to work with world leading experts.
At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.
WSP Opus is closed from the 24th of December and will open again on the 7th of January. All applications will be responded to in January once the office has re-opened.
For further information, please view the position description below and to apply online, click on 'apply'.