84 Open positions
Close Date: September 29, 2018
Country: New Zealand
Region: Palmerston North
Sector: Water & Environmental
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000QFy/2t9Xg2RQck6kmNNYeqUNdhvvm_hF6tZ9S3MgLNY6noI
In some cases, spending time in a smaller branch can supercharge a career. In larger centres you may feel there is not enough variety, whereas when you move out to regional offices, the requirement to be more autonomous and skilled across a wider range of services and experiences becomes almost a necessity. It could even simply come down to cost of living!
Our expanding Environmental teams have an Intermediate Planner role that has come up in our lovely Palmerston North office. Our extensive New Zealand planning and environment teams frequently win awards, and we are well known for the opportunity to work on large and complex infrastructure projects.
We offer great workload diversity with our national workload spanning a variety of strategic, statutory and policy based environmental planning services. Our planners also lead stakeholder engagement processes for a range of projects and clients across the country.
- Lead and/or input into local, regional and national projects
- Preparation and assessment of RMA applications (consents, permits and designations)
- Planning feasibility and technical assessments;
- Leading and/or contributing of specialist inputs such as to Assessment of Environmental Effects;
- Leading and/or participating in stakeholder engagement, consultation and communication;
- Assisting the wider WSP/Opus planning community with a variety of related projects.
- Flexible working and options for reduced hours, enabling our employees to spend important moments with those who matter most.
- Consenting in the Rural sector/ Policy analysis and development
You will have:
- Tertiary degree in planning/resource management or a related discipline
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience planning/resource management
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills;
Why not start with a confidential chat? If you are looking for a meaningful career path or a change in lifestyle and location, come and have a chat with us.
For further information, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team on 027 644 2722. To apply, just follow the link and apply online