84 Open positions
Principal Mechanical Engineer
Close Date: September 14, 2018
Country: New Zealand
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000Rii/uE.0DJSO1i7qw4x0a9huLHW7R8tGygoBuNqqTOaB9rQ
WSP Opus is a team of global experts who aspire every day to transform the built environment to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the great work starts with great people, and through our collaborative approach, we're creating innovative solutions for future generations.
Needed is a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join a growing Power Team based out of our Auckland office. You'll be a pivotal member of this team helping to drive growth in line with our strategic plan by engaging with new and existing power specific clientele across the Northern region. With further responsibility for leading the delivery of acquired work, this is a varied role offering excellent scope for career development.
Our power team covers all areas of power generation, including hydropower, geothermal, wind and solar, as well as high voltage power distribution and transmission. We also provide power solutions for large scale infrastructure projects.
- Excellent role in which to further develop client facing skills and take ownership of newly established client relationships across this sector.
- Join a growing area of operations with fantastic scope for work on both national and international projects
- Lead project teams in the delivery of quality work through mentoring and developing junior staff
- Work closely with sector leadership to develop and achieve strategic goals
- Join a globally renowned consultancy with fantastic career development opportunities
You will have:
- Minimum of 12 years professional experience in Mechanical Engineering, with experience in the power sector
- Strong client management skills with a desire to engage in business development and proactively seek out new relationships and opportunities across the power sector
- Demonstrable experience delivering work in pipework design or general heavy mechanical engineering design. An understanding of seismic considerations is desirable.
- Excellent project management capability with the ability to operate across multiple work streams of varying scope and size
- Experienced in producing high quality technical reports to a targeted audience
- Practised in performing a high level technical advisory role to local and international clients
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng or equivalent) status
This is a career defining opportunity to join a globally renowned organisation and develop your career through the delivery of meaningful projects for major clients.
For further information, please view the position description and apply online.