50 Open positions
Senior Civil & Structural Engineer
Close Date: December 31, 2018
Country: New Zealand
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000QnH/cRkDKSXh9nUzGfUyZv8IPAFcRHKooTNokMtLmhmzW0A
You will join an experienced team, in a town that offers a great lifestyle, excellent cost of living along with great work life balance.
• Manage transportation and multidisciplinary infrastructure projects up to Tier 2
• Undertake project management in accordance with Our Way, including timely and clear reporting that meets clients requirements
• Lead projects as Project Manager taking full ownership and responsibility for project outcomes.
• Operate in an open, communicative and positive way with team members
• Ensure quality of deliverables from project team members is maintained at a high level, tailored to the client requirements and scope of deliverables
• Manage resource needs and resource conflicts and bring to resolution to provide optimal performance from the team to our clients
• Actively work with and liaise with staff from around the country to manage project resources, and particularly the Gisborne team.
• Project profitability levels are achieved or exceeded, maximising opportunities in a manner which are in harmony with our values
• Ensure all verification, technical reviews, and Safety and Design Reviews are completed and recorded, and requirements of Our Way are met.
• Ensure that communication and customer service from the project team members to clients and other third parties provides a positive image of WSP Opus
• Undertake appropriate financial management to ensure the required profitability, invoicing and reporting requirements are achieved
• Maintain full communications with your manger regarding progress on all projects and key issues.
• Provide a high level of commercial knowledge and risk management to all projects; ensuring that clients are fully aware of project risks, with whom risks lie through various project phases
• Work closely and as appropriate collaboratively with contractors during construction, for the betterment of outcomes for the client, whilst maintaining independence
• Undertake investigations, inspections, analysis, design and documentation to find solutions to client problems in accordance with the project brief in the areas of Civil Engineering including Civil Structures
• Produce factual reporting to clients while ensuring reports are clear, concise and tailored to the needs and experience level of the client
• Undertake peer reviews of designs along with of all the above tasks to ensure quality deliverables but also with the focus on mentoring and growing future transportation engineers within the local office
• Conduct verification and technical reviews of others work
• Ensure all tasks are carried out in accordance with the latest best practice approach and design recommendations are developed taking into consideration safety in design
• Be familiar with or quickly become familiar with and apply client design standards
• Have a strong Knowldeges of NZS3910; Act as Engineers Represenitive and Site Engineer, ensuring that contract conditions and desgn stardards are met.
• Liase with internal designers to ensure that construction observation records are clear and accurate and sufficent for PS4’s sign off.
• Liaise with other sections of the business to develop a network of technical/ professional support and also to gather information and ideas that may enhance the services provided to clients
• Complete all works in accordance with the WSP Opus Company manuals and systems and quality assurance procedures.
• Develop strong working relationships with key clients and promote our capability and expertise.
• Assist in business development to fully exploit the resources and specific skills of the wider local and national business as required
• Member of Engineering NZ
• CPEng or close to applying
• Current clean Drivers Licence
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in civil and structural engineering
• Sound knowledge of relevant codes, standards, legislation and practices
• A broad range of structural skills would be advantageous
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including oral and written communication and particularly the ability to present ideas, information and advice in a way that is understandable by a range of audiences
And how about you? You’ll be agile, invested in your career have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we’ll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.