50 Open positions
Laboratory Technician – Labourer
Close Date: December 31, 2018
Country: New Zealand
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000QEH/xgwxNa4ZcG06TU7c.WcK.4BDfL38.WSXG1OXw1o57pk
Build your career with WSP Opus and Be Part of It.
Be part of what makes us great.
We believe that everybody at WSP Opus has a valuable contribution to make. We strive to provide a collaborative workplace that embraces diversity where our people feel included, comfortable and motivated in their careers.
Our Hamilton laboratory have an excellent opportunity for an industrious individual to join their team. The position is ideal for someone new to the workforce or wanting to start a career in a laboratory environment. This role will not be suitable for a graduate as a degree is not required for this role.
This role is highly repetitive and needs someone who has good attention to detail and can work to targets. The position is assisting with testing of engineering materials, both in the field and in the laboratory. The role will include varied duties that will change daily. There will also be a need to work off site, testing and sampling in the field; therefore, a clean driver licence is required.
- Carry out testing on materials in the laboratory.
- Responsible for offsite testing and reporting.
- Learn how to calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Physically fit to carry material around 25 kg or more.
- Completed NCEA Level 3.
- Current, clean NZ driver licence.
- New Zealand/Australian permanent residency or citizenship.
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.