50 Open positions
Water Resources Scientist
Close Date: August 31, 2018
Country: New Zealand
Sector: Water & Environmental
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000OIC/z30QW.za8J236jYW39i6tRYyE61c.MxflGXTbgpmpAw
WSP Opus are team of global experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we’re creating innovative solutions for future generations.
Our Wellington team have an excellent opportunity for an outgoing individual to join their team. The position is ideal for someone who is able to provide hydrological, geomorphic and coastal science services to clients, and to assist in the overall work of the team in support of business objectives.
Assist the Water Resources Team in delivering a diverse range of projects that shape the future of rivers, coastal environments, dams, and related infrastructure across New Zealand.
The opportunity but not limited to:
- Provide hydrological, geomorphic and coastal process consultancy services to clients; including investigations, analysis and reporting;
- Assist in the development, maintenance and management of the hydrometric databases;
- Assist in the development of consultancy briefs for projects including preliminary programmes and budgets;
- Front and lead major prospects/opportunities and bids relating to operations. Where required, prepare expressions of interest, pre-qualifications, project proposals/bids, fee estimates and project work programmes and budgets.
- Maintain knowledge of hydrological, geomorphic and coastal sciences, with reference to contemporary issues;
You will have:
- Ability to work within a team;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Clean drivers licence.
And how about you? You’ll be agile, invested in your career have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we’ll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.
For further information, please view the position description and to apply on line, click on 'apply'.