Work Group Manager, Planning and Community Engagement
Close Date: May 1, 2020
Country: New Zealand
Sector: Planning & Community Engagement
Job Description PDF: https://wspnz.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000uUx/RZoZm14yRYyuiE.odF6WZHSGoo_Nvf4J760jlPtQNlA
WSP is a collaborative team of global experts who aspire every day to shape a better tomorrow.
With more than 49,000 people working in over 550 offices across 40 countries, we are one of the world’s leading engineering consultancy firms.
We value our people, our reputation, and our impact on the future. At WSP our role is to plan, design, manage and engineer our communities to thrive. We want our work to bring long-term improvements and to future proof our cities and environments.
Based in Wellington, the purpose of this role is to lead and manage our Planning and Engagement work group with a focus to manage the day to day operations of the work group, build and manage both internal / external clients, ensure delivery on high performing projects and above all grow the team!
Technical / Service Delivery
- Take the lead in developing strategy & tactic for your work group
- Nurture, encourage and develop a strong team spirit and office culture
- Work collaboratively with Sector Leaders
Project Management & Commercial
- Understand and match our clients' expectations with quality service
- Effectively plan projects and assist project managers to correctly scope their projects with appropriate input / outputs
- Demonstrate innovations in applications
Strategic & Business Development
- Act as Project Manager or Project Director ensuring successful projects are delivered
- Manage projects, including the provision of timely and clear reports to clients, preparation of invoices, and appropriate use of accounting, record and quality management systems
- Coach project team members to maximise their enjoyment and development and ensure successful project outcomes.
About you & Skills
- Actively undertake business development and marketing, with the aim of creating income streams for the wider team
- Assist the Head of Planning and Engagement in the development of marketing plans for selected clients including objectives, strategies and actions.
- Proactively manage clients, understanding their present and future needs. Maintain regular contact with these clients, ensuring they remain satisfied with our services
You are commercially minded with a passion to lead likeminded individuals to deliver on multidimensional projects. This is a pivotal role in our organisation in which you will have 3 direct reports.
How to Apply:
- A tertiary qualification in planning/resource management or related discipline is essential.
- A member of the NZPI, EIANZ or similar.
- Minimum of 10 – 15 years of professional experience in the Planning discipline
- Results orientated, with a reputation for, and demonstrated achievement of, key strategic priorities
- Excellent working knowledge of the relevant Acts, legislation and practices
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of what makes us great. Are you ready to be part of WSP?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.
WSP recognises and values the range of characteristics that make people unique and do this in an environment that celebrates individual and collective achievement. We believe embracing diversity and inclusion delivers positive experiences for people and clients.
He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata.
What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people