Water Engineer, New Plymouth
Close Date: January 26, 2020
Country: New Zealand
Region: New Plymouth
Job Description PDF: https://wspnz.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000omB/wshUgXBLsFsSc0RQ2KZThVWex9H30KFZsQaohTYxWBA
WSP is a collaborative team of global experts who aspire every day to shape a better tomorrow.
With more than 49,000 people working in over 550 offices across 40 countries, we are one of the world’s leading engineering consultancy firms.
We value our people, our reputation, and our impact on the future. At WSP our role is to plan, design, manage and engineer our communities to thrive. We want our work to bring long-term improvements and to future proof our cities and environments.
Needed is a Water Engineer to join our busy New Plymouth team. The successful candidate will successfully secure, manage and deliver water (Water, Wastewater and Stormwater) projects. You will complete investigations, design calculations for water activities, and oversee contract and construction works.
Skills and Experience:
• A tertiary qualification in civil engineering or equivalent with appropriate training and experience.
• Current clean Drivers Licence.
• Minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience as a civil/environmental professional. With a key focus on the three waters environment.
• Design, construction/supervision experience in either water supply/wastewater, stormwater or drainage is essential.
• Experience of low impact/water sensitive design, stormwater reticulation design, detention and treatment design, culvert design and open channel design.
• Have sound knowledge of three waters engineering procedures, engineering design with particular reference to current technical standards, legislation and codes of practice.
• Have proven experience preparing reports and other documents associated with three waters engineering services.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of what makes us great. Are you ready to be part of WSP?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.
WSP recognises and values the range of characteristics that make people unique, and do this in an environment that celebrates individual and collective achievement. We believe embracing diversity and inclusion delivers positive experiences for people and clients.
He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata.
What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people.