WSP Opus is a team of experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we’re creating innovative solutions for future generations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior or Principal Engineer to join our Pavements team. The role can be based in Auckland or Hamilton and will provide you exciting career opportunities and the chance to be involved in some of the larger and more challenging infrastructure projects in the Auckland region and beyond. In this role, you will be responsible for providing consultancy services to clients with a focus on analysis, reporting, and design solutions specific to pavement engineering and complimentary civil projects including roads, geotechnical engineering, airports, ports and container facilities.
• Take a leadership role, providing design and technical leadership, working as part of a supportive and passionate team with an excellent team culture
• Provide innovative thinking and continue to develop our advances in the industry
• Provide positive mentoring and leadership to members of our team
• Actively pursue new business opportunities while working closely and building rapport with clients
You will have:
• A relevant Engineering degree
• Chartered Professional Engineering (CPEng) status or equivalent
• Minimum of 10 years’ transportation engineering experience including pavement design and engineering
• Proven or emerging technical leadership skills.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
And how about you? You’ll be agile, invested in your career have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. To be successful, you must be a self-starter and able to show initiative. You will have the opportunity to work autonomously so your confidence, organisational skills and ability to multitask will be fully utilised. Given the consultancy nature of our business, you will also need to demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills.
In return, we’ll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. At WSP Opus, we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success. If you are looking for a change and a challenge, we have a place for you!
For further information, please click on the link to the position description