WSP is a collaborative team of global experts who aspire every day to shape a better tomorrow.
With more than 49,000 people working in over 550 offices across 40 countries, we are one of the world’s leading engineering consultancy firms.
We value our people, our reputation, and our impact on the future. At WSP our role is to plan, design, manage and engineer our communities to thrive. We want our work to bring long-term improvements and to future proof our cities and environments.
Needed is an experienced Senior Structural Engineer to join our established Greymouth team. The successful candidate will provide technical oversight of structural engineering projects. This will be primarily bridges and buildings, within the West Coast area and the wider WSP business as required. You will effectively plan projects, and assist project managers to correctly scope their projects with appropriate inputs, outputs, implementation activities, verification and technical review.
Once the site of the Maori pa Mawhera (which means 'wide spread river mouth'), Greymouth is considered the heart of the West Coast and is the largest town on the South Island's west coast. There is a wide range of things to do in the area such as fishing, rafting, caving, walks, cycling tours, visiting galleries and museums and other local attractions. Greymouth offers fabulous work life balance and the cost of living is very affordable compared to major centres. If you are ready for your next step this could be the role for you.
Skills and Experience:
• Experienced in undertaking investigations and inspections.
• Experience in undertaking appropriate technical review and verification of work.
• Be able to prepare specifications and contract documents for construction activities.
• Experience in assisting with the supervision and monitoring of construction works.
• Experienced in preparing clear reports, designs, drawings and specifications, briefs and fee estimates.
• Relevant degree e.g. Bachelor of Engineering
• Member of Engineering NZ
• CPEng or close to applying
• Current clean Drivers Licence
• Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in structural engineering (buildings and/or bridges).
• A broad range of structural skills would be advantageous
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of what makes us great. Are you ready to be part of WSP?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.
WSP recognises and values the range of characteristics that make people unique, and do this in an environment that celebrates individual and collective achievement. We believe embracing diversity and inclusion delivers positive experiences for people and clients.
He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata.
What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people.