Needed is an experienced Senior Structural Engineer to join our established Greymouth team. The successful candidate will provide technical oversight of structural engineering projects. This will be primarily bridges and buildings, within the West Coast area and the wider WSP Opus business as required. You will join an experienced team, in a town that offers a great lifestyle, excellent cost of living along with great work life balance. Greymouth is the largest town on the West and offers adventure activities, heritage attractions and guided nature tours.
- Effectively plan projects, and assist project managers to correctly scope their projects with appropriate inputs, outputs, implementation activities, verification and technical review.
- Undertake investigations, inspections, and develop solutions to client’s problems by applying appropriate analysis and design techniques.
- Undertake and/or arrange appropriate technical review and verification of work.
- Prepare specifications and contract documents for construction activities.
- Assist with the supervision and monitoring of construction works.
- Prepare clear reports, designs, drawings and specifications, briefs and fee estimates.
- Relevant degree e.g. Bachelor of Engineering
- Member of Engineering NZ
- CPEng or close to applying
- Current clean Drivers Licence
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in structural engineering (buildings and/or bridges).
- A broad range of structural skills would be advantageous
For further information, please view the position description below and to apply online, click on ‘apply’.