Senior Planner, Queenstown
Close Date: January 26, 2020
Country: New Zealand
Job Description PDF: https://wspnz.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000pIf/JeKnVXlQ0xUDQX_lkBHLeaRpX_tqI7Px8YB1XLXSXFw
WSP is a collaborative team of global experts who aspire every day to shape a better tomorrow.
With more than 49,000 people working in over 550 offices across 40 countries, we are one of the world’s leading engineering consultancy firms.
We value our people, our reputation, and our impact on the future. At WSP our role is to plan, design, manage and engineer our communities to thrive. We want our work to bring long-term improvements and to future proof our cities and environments.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Environmental Planner to act in a technical advisory capacity for our clients and develop the planning business further in Queenstown. You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career joining a strong team of planners across Central Otago and the Southern area with an ever expanding and diverse workload. WSP offers a range flexible working options and has a strong focus on work life balance, if you are looking for your next step and are interested in our flexible working options this could be the role for you.
Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrate a high level of experience and technical knowledge in resource management and environmental planning with sound practical and theoretical knowledge.
• Experience in producing innovative and original resource management and environmental planning outcomes.
• Can undertake a variety of tasks associated with lodging applications for resource consent. Including public consultation, considering issues and identifying a regulatory way forward.
• Can scope assessments and advice for clients and WSP on resource management plans and policies.
• Can lead and undertake feasibility studies, consultation and engagement processes.
• Have a tertiary qualification in planning or resource management, a post-graduate qualification in a relevant field is also preferred.
• Full membership of the NZPI, EIANZ or similar professional Institute is highly desirable but not essential.
• Current full clean Drivers Licence
• 10+ years’ professional experience in environmental resource management or a professional environmental planning field.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of what makes us great. Are you ready to be part of WSP?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.
WSP recognises and values the range of characteristics that make people unique, and do this in an environment that celebrates individual and collective achievement. We believe embracing diversity and inclusion delivers positive experiences for people and clients.
He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata.
What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people.