Senior Planner, Blenheim
Close Date: January 26, 2020
Country: New Zealand
Sector: Upper South
Job Description PDF:
With more than 49,000 people working in over 550 offices across 40 countries, we are one of the world’s leading engineering consultancy firms.
We value our people, our reputation, and our impact on the future. At WSP our role is to plan, design, manage and engineer our communities to thrive. We want our work to bring long-term improvements and to future proof our cities and environments.
Needed is a Senior Planner in our busy Blenheim office to provide leadership for the provision of environmental planning services to both existing and new clients. This position will have a strong focus on planning policy, resource consent processing and applications for resource consents. This role also requires leadership and client relationship skills. With large investment coming into civil infrastructure in Marlborough, Blenheim is an ideal place to grow and develop professionally, whilst enjoying a fantastic lifestyle balance.
Skills and Experience:
• Have experience presenting evidence and advice at local authority hearings.
• Proven experience in advising on Resource Management Act and Local Government Act matters.
• Demonstrate sound knowledge of resource management planning and be able to formulate advice to clients on resource management plans and policies.
• Be skilled in producing innovative and original resource management planning outcomes.
• Experience in preparing district and regional plan changes, submissions on plan changes and policy statements and supporting technical reports
• Produce research, feasibility studies and subsequent reporting suitable for review and client presentation.
• A tertiary qualification in planning/resource management or related discipline is essential.
• A member of the NZPI, EIANZ or similar agency is desirable but not essential.
• Current Clean Drivers Licence.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of what makes us great. Are you ready to be part of WSP?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.
WSP recognises and values the range of characteristics that make people unique, and do this in an environment that celebrates individual and collective achievement. We believe embracing diversity and inclusion delivers positive experiences for people and clients.
He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata.
What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people.