It’s the commitment to our people that sets us apart, and the calibre of our people that makes us great. Build your career with WSP Opus and Be Part of It.
WSP Opus is a team of global experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. Our Guiding Principles shape us as an organisation; we value our people and our reputation.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Legal Counsel based in our Auckland corporate office to provide practical, commercial and robust legal advice that contributes to the success of the company. This is a great opportunity to join a high performing in-house Legal team in a large global organisation.
- Supporting our bid and project delivery teams in reviewing and negotiating engineering services contracts, subcontracts, joint venture, alliance agreements and related commercial agreements.
- Proactively managing risk, driving regulatory compliance (health & safety, competition law) and adherence internal governance policies and procedures.
- Advising our project delivery teams on contractual issues during project delivery.
- Advising on WSP Opus’s insurance programme and managing claims together with our insurers.
- Developing and implementing internal training and education programmes.
You will have:
- Experience as an in-house legal advisor in a medium-large organisation.
- Extensive experience reviewing and negotiating engineering services or construction contracts, subcontracts, joint venture, alliance agreements and related commercial agreements.
- Broad general knowledge of the New Zealand’s legislative and regulatory framework including Health & Safety, litigation, competition law, IP, general corporate and privacy law.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to present complex information and legal advice clearly to a variety of audiences.
- 8+ years’ PQE with experience advising the construction/infrastructure or engineering industry.
- A degree in Law and eligibility to hold a Practising Certificate with the NZLS.
You will also be agile, invested in your career strong commercial acumen to contribute to our business. In return, we’ll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects and the opportunity to work with world leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.
For further information, please view the position description and click on ‘apply’.