Senior Hazardous Materials Consultant
WSP Opus are a team of global experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we’re creating innovative solutions for future generations.
Our Environment & Heritage team have an excellent opportunity for an outgoing individual to join their national business as a Senior Hazardous Materials Consultant. The position is ideal for someone who can provide top quality hazardous materials assessment and management services to clients and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues. You will also assist with the development of the local and national specialist occupational hygiene group, leading initiatives to grow the business in other offices within WSP Opus.
You will be based in Auckland
The opportunity includes but is not limited to:
- Project manage occupational hygiene consultancy services including management, pre-demolition and refurbishment surveys, remedial support works (air monitoring and clearances), and broader occupational hygiene work (including, for example, noise and dust assessments).
- Assist with identifying opportunities in the marketplace, and undertaking business development both locally and nationally.
- Scoping and conducting hazardous materials assessments, air monitoring, remediation, and associated works.
- Work closely with colleagues in the wider Environment team, and the Transport, Water, Power and Property teams to provide seamless complementary services.
- Undertake project work including asbestos identification and management, supervision of contractors, managing data and preparing interpretive and factual technical reports.
You will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in carrying out asbestos surveying and conducting asbestos clearances both friable and non-friable following asbestos removal.
- Has experience in working in a live hospital environment.
- Holds BOHS IP402 and IP404
And how about you? You’ll be agile, invested in your career have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we’ll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.
For further information, please view the position description and to apply on line, click on ‘apply’.