Design your future with Opus
WSP Opus is a team of global experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we’re creating innovative solutions for future generations.
Due to the continued growth of our Building Services team, we are currently looking to appoint a Senior Fire Engineer to join our Dunedin team.
Reporting to the Work Group Manager – Asset Solutions, you will lead and manage the completion of fire engineering designs and analysis for significant building services projects, both locally and as part of a wider national team. We are an international player and our design teams work together, across the globe to contribute to projects worldwide.
- Take the lead on establishing this service in a new region
- Excellent opportunity to grow the offering
- Deliver a wide range of solutions from concept to commissioning.
- Access to the latest technology and cutting edge resources
- Leverage off established client relationships
- Enjoy autonomy and take full ownership over projects, budget, and resource management
- Full support structure provided from our Christchurch center of excellence
You will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fire engineering
- Relevant degree/diploma/certificate in fire engineering
- Strong commercial acumen with excellent client management skills
- Natural leadership with experience in managing projects end to end
- Fire engineering software proficiency required in B-RISK, CFAST, FDS – with capability in CONTAM and Pyrosim desirable.
And how about you? You’ll be agile, invested in your career and have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we’ll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects and the opportunity to work with world leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.