Our busy Whanganui office requires a Senior Bridge and Civil Structures Engineer to join our very experienced team. There is scope for this role to develop into a Deputy Team Leader position.
This position will contribute to the success of our Whanganui team by bringing versatile skills and experience to contribute to a wide variety of civil design projects, predominantly connected to bridges across Taranaki, Manawatu and Whanganui.
Work with a team of experienced professionals to scope, design, prepare documents and supervise construction of a range of civil projects in the Whanganui area and wider region.
• Prepare reports and other documents associated with civil structures, asset management and design.
• Maintain knowledge of civil/ engineering procedures, engineering design with particular reference to current codes and specifications.
• Maintain knowledge of appropriate engineering software and design tools.
• Produce research, feasibility studies and subsequent reporting suitable for review and client presentation.
• Produce designs, calculations and drawings suitable for review purposes and preparation of contract documentation.
• Prepare and implement contract documentation, specifications, schedules and project estimates.
• Undertake construction supervision and contract administration to company and standard procedures as required.
You will have:
• A tertiary qualification in the field of Civil Engineering
• Keen interest and knowledge of the relevant design codes, standards, legislation and practices
• Be proactive in adapting leading edge Civil Engineering solutions.
• Strong organisational ability to optimise and prioritise conflicting demands in a busy environment, to achieve deadlines and see responsibilities through to completion.
• Current clean Drivers License
And how about you? You’ll be agile, invested in your career have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we’ll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.
For further information, please view the position description below and to apply online, click on ‘apply’.