Road Safety Engineer – Palmerston North
Close Date: October 28, 2019
Country: New Zealand
Region: Palmerston North
Job Description PDF:
It’s the commitment to our people that sets us apart, and the calibre of our people that makes us great. Build your career with WSP Opus and Be Part of It.
Needed is a Road Safety Engineer/Transportation Planner for our busy Palmerston North office. The successful candidate will provide consulting services to clients in respect of a wide range of transportation safety and planning related projects. You will have a wide range of skills across transportation planning, road safety and project management and will contribute to the strategic approach to highway and road safety management. This is a great opportunity to join a well-established and successful team and develop your career to the next step.
• Undertake a broad range of Traffic Engineering and Safety tasks, including inspections, assessment, design, evaluation and reporting.
• Undertake a broad range of transportation planning tasks including transportation strategies, business cases, economic justifications, travel demand forecasts and route planning.
• Prepare designs and project reports as appropriate.
• Undertake appropriate verification of tasks.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of safety and traffic engineering procedures as well as current Local Authority and Government policies and apply these to productive commissions.
• Complete Crash Reduction Studies and safety audits.
• Manage databases, data sources and/or information relating to safety management.
You will have:
• A transport related tertiary qualification
• Current clean Driver’s License
• Chartered Engineer (or actively working towards) Status
• Level 1 STMS
• Preferably 5 years plus experience in road safety engineering or transportation planning fields
Are you ready to be part of it?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.