Great infrastructure starts with great people
WSP Opus is a team of experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we’re creating innovative solutions for future generations.
The Tauranga office at WSP Opus is undergoing significant and exciting growth and required is a Principle Geotechnical Engineer to provide technical leadership to geotechnical engineers in Tauranga and the wider business, along with providing connectivity in to geotechnical teams in Auckland and Hamilton. Lead geotechnical teams for technically demanding and/or major projects and grow geotechnical engineering capability.
This role will contribute to the success of the business through providing effective management of staff and clients and providing specialist geotechnical advice to projects.
- Champion the geotechnical engineering service in Tauranga and the wider North eastern cluster of the Design Centre Regional business
- Produce or manage the production of all geotechnical engineering inputs
- Undertake detailed scoping including pricing of geotechnical engineering components of projects;
- Become a mentor for other staff in technical aspects, developing them to their full potential and planning succession in their areas of expertise
- Identify key business opportunities
- Develop overall concepts for projects as part of the project team through integration of technical excellence and key project strategies;
- Undertake internal technical reviews and verification checks on geotechnical designs and provide associated advice
- Work alongside some of New Zealand’s most talented Engineers with access to a global support network offering a unique learning experience
You will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in an area related to civil engineering and/or geotechnical engineering
- Chartered Professional Engineer status
- Member or Associate of IPENZ
- A minimum of 14 years’ professional experience predominantly in geotechnical engineering
- Excellent knowledge of the relevant New Zealand design codes, standards, legislation and practices
- High level of practical knowledge of relevant construction practices
- Success in project and financial management of professional services
- Solid working knowledge of Geotech software packages
And how about you? You’ll be agile, invested in your career and have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we’ll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects and the opportunity to work with world leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.