Planner – Palmerston North
Close Date: June 28, 2020
Country: New Zealand
Region: Palmerston North
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000lIT/g1jvIdSpq.g7NASV_BFGQpoRtg9Uz6XhBjBABwj.p_o
WSP is a collaborative team of global experts who aspire every day to shape a better tomorrow.
With more than 49,000 people working in over 550 offices across 40 countries, we are one of the world’s leading engineering consultancy firms.
We value our people, our reputation, and our impact on the future. At WSP our role is to plan, design, manage and engineer our communities to thrive. We want our work to bring long-term improvements and to future proof our cities and environments.
We are looking for a Planner with experience in resource, sustainably &environment policy, who is ready for the next step in his/her career. You will be based within our talented, well established planning team in Palmerston North. You will be based within our talented, well-established planning team in Palmerston North.
• Your role will be to carry out design and technical advisory work for a range of external and internal clients, thereby contributing to the success of the business unit in meeting its business plan. Promote a high level of communication within and across organisational boundaries for the benefit of clients, staff and projects.
• Lead/ provide input into the planning of projects and assisting project managers to correctly scope out projects, with appropriate inputs, outputs and verification activities.
• Demonstrate sound knowledge of resource management planning and formulates advice to clients on resource management plans and policies.
• Make sound decisions about technical issues and problem-solve for clients to get the best possible outcome for a project and the environment.
• Identify innovative and original resource management planning outcomes that are well thought through and stand up to legal scrutiny.
• Prepare district plan changes, submissions on plan changes and policy statements and supporting technical reports.
Skills and Experience:
• A tertiary qualification in planning/resource management or related discipline is essential.
• A member of the NZPI, EIANZ or similar agency is desirable but not essential.
• Current clean Drivers Licence.
• A minimum of five years’ professional experience in planning/resource management or related discipline.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of what makes us great. Are you ready to be part of WSP?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.
WSP recognises and values the range of characteristics that make people unique, and do this in an environment that celebrates individual and collective achievement. We believe embracing diversity and inclusion delivers positive experiences for people and clients.
He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata.
What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people.