Planner, Napier or Gisborne
Close Date: January 26, 2020
Country: New Zealand
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000mOC/dsiPj5mtk5CNdhcY_SB_u0gGkM83JWGttAGHiJSJfJc
BE PART OF OUR COLLABORATIVE TEAM. BE PART OF IT.
We believe that everybody at WSP has a valuable contribution to make. Our team of global experts aspire every day to provide what matters for future generations.
We are looking for a Planner with experience in resource management planning / environment policy, who is ready for the next step in thier career. You will be based within our talented, well established Planning team in Napier or Gisborne.
Your role will be to provide a planning consultancy service to internal and external clients, and work as a member of the planning team to achieve the goals and objectives of the team.
• Prepare and process resource consent applications, assessment of environmental effects, notice of requirements and outline plans.
• Advise on Resource Management Act and Local Government Act matters.
• Provide Planning Information and Monitoring Services as required.
• Produce innovative and original resource management planning outcomes that are well thought through.
• Undertake research, feasibility studies and subsequent reporting suitable for review and client presentation
• Present evidence at Local Authority hearings, when required
• Assist project managers to correctly scope out projects, with appropriate inputs, outputs and verification activities and ensure the timely delivery of the projects
• Assist with policy formulation and the development of strategic documents
• Undertake community engagement on behalf of clients
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients
• Maintain a good appreciation of relevant legislation and related advisory work, under the supervision of relevant discipline Principals.
You will have:
• A tertiary qualification in planning/resource management or related discipline is essential.
• A member of the NZPI is desirable but not essential.
• A minimum 2 years’ professional experience in planning/resource management or related discipline
• Current clean Drivers Licence.
Be part of the collaboration and be part of it.
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online