Manager Asset and Materials Performance
Close Date: October 31, 2019
Country: New Zealand
Sector: WSP Opus Research
Job Description PDF:
BE PART OF IT
At WSP Opus it’s the commitment to our people that sets us apart, and the calibre of our people that makes us great. Our collective strength allows us to think globally while acting locally to deliver iconic projects. It is our people who make this possible. At WSP Opus Research we have a proud history dating back more than 50 years to the New Zealand Ministry of Works when we provided experimental research that informed the design and construction of major national infrastructure projects, such as hydroelectric power schemes and state highways. Today our researchers work in multi-disciplinary teams to address challenges as diverse as transportation safety, road performance, materials performance and the resilience of communities and businesses to major natural hazards.
Due to growth, we are looking for an Asset and Materials Performance Manager to join us at WSP Opus Research in Petone, Wellington. This role is primarily focused on managing our laboratory-based asset and materials performance team as well as delivering technical inputs. Our management and operating practices are accredited to the International Quality Management System ISO 900, 45001, 14001 and 17025.
You will lead the team delivering laboratory testing services, specialised consultancy advice, and contribute to various research programmes. This role also has a strong technical delivery focus where you will provide specialist advice in one of the following technical areas: soils and geomechanical testing, materials durability, pavement investigation, aggregates, bitumen, concrete or steel testing. We pride ourselves on our depth of technical expertise and the focus we have on client relationships and project delivery.
If you are a natural collaborator, enjoy technical challenges in a truly multidisciplinary environment and thrive on creating innovative solutions in a creative environment, this is a great opportunity to join the WSP Opus team.
• You will provide management support and guidance to the asset materials and performance team
• Actively participate in the management team at WSP Opus Research
• Focus on excellent client service and technical delivery of projects and research
• Be committed to and lead a strong health and safety culture
• Be willing to grow and develop current and new services
• Manage the preparation of fee estimates, methodologies and schedules to ensure that projects operate on a profitable basis, with appropriate technical content and timeliness
• Be involved in the planning and execution of site works
• Prepare quality reports and deliverables.
You will have:
• Appropriate tertiary qualification
• Current clean Drivers Licence
• Minimum of 10 years professional experience in a relevant discipline
• Strong organisational ability to optimise and prioritise conflicting demands in a busy environment, to achieve deadlines and see responsibilities through to completion.
And how about you? You'll be agile, invested in your career and have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we'll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects and the opportunity to work with world-leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration and innovation