Major Projects Director
Close Date: March 31, 2020
Country: New Zealand
Region: Multiple Locations
Sector: Project Management
Job Description PDF: https://wspnz.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000psN/LVUgcz0KJli8JdmL.JhfhU91VCkfcC4Swf6XEv6V45A
WSP is a collaborative team of global experts who aspire every day to shape a better tomorrow. With more than 49,000 people working in over 550 offices across 40 countries, we are one of the world’s leading engineering consultancy firms. We value our people, our reputation, and our impact on the future. At WSP our role is to plan, design, manage and engineer our communities to thrive. We want our work to bring long-term improvements and to future proof our cities and environments.
Major Projects Directors/Design Managers we are keen to hear from you!
Reporting into our Head of Major Projects – Transport you will deliver Tier 4++ multidisciplinary major transport projects. Provide overall direction and leadership for successfully securing and delivering assigned projects. Promote WSP as a leading supplier of NZ’s most significant and strategic transport projects. Undertake assigned Client Relationship Management and Business development responsibilities to support future growth of the Transport Sector.
Skills and Experience:
• Appropriate tertiary qualifications
• Current clean Drivers Licence
• Minimum of 15 years’ professional experience as a Project/Design Manager on Major Projects
• Experience manging the commercial performance of projects, ensuring timely and meaningful responses to challenges, issues and opportunities, and enabling sustainable levels of high performance
• Proven experience establishing processes for identifying, managing and monitoring complex risks to project outcomes in particular safety management and design.
• Extensive expertise in managing large scale project budgets with substantial work breakdown structures.
• Strong organisational ability to optimise and prioritise conflicting demands in a busy environment, to achieve deadlines and see responsibilities through to completion.
You can be based from any of our main centres: Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Hamilton.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of what makes us great. Are you ready to be part of WSP?
For further information just follow the link and register your interest online.
To be considered for these positions you will need to be a recognised Project Director/Design Manager providing governance, commercial rigour and risk management across major projects in market.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WSP recognises and values the range of characteristics that make people unique, and do this in an environment that celebrates individual and collective achievement. We believe embracing diversity and inclusion delivers positive experiences for people and clients.
He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata.
What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people.