Build your career with WSP Opus and Be Part of It.
Be part of what makes us great.
We believe that everybody at WSP Opus has a valuable contribution to make. We strive to provide a collaborative workplace that embraces diversity where our people feel included, comfortable and motivated in their careers.
Our Whanganui laboratory has an excellent opportunity for an industrious individual to join their team as a Laboratory Technician. The position is ideal for someone looking to develop in their career in a laboratory environment.
This role needs someone who has good attention to detail, computer literacy, and can work to targets. The role is physically demanding, requiring up to 30 kg bags of material to be moved as well as repetitive lifting from waist to shoulder height of material weighing around 9 kg.
The position is responsible for testing of engineering materials, e.g. soil and aggregate, both in the field and in the laboratory. As there will also be a need to work off site, testing and sampling in the field, a clean driver licence is required.
- Development opportunities to suit your individual strengths or aspirations.
- Potential to grow into a leadership role.
- Work in conjunction with our laboratories throughout New Zealand.
- Carry out testing for roading, water and environment sampling, and pavement investigations.
Whanganui is a beautiful city with a great work-life balance. The city is close to beaches and mountains, offering ample opportunity for beach walks, fishing, hunting, mountain biking and more. Whanganui has outstanding schools, a vibrant arts community, and excellent sporting facilities.
You will have:
- Previous experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Ability to work within a team and unsupervised.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Maths and physics aptitude preferred.
- Current, clean NZ driver licence.
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of what makes us great. Are you ready to be part of it?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.