Be part of what makes us great. Build your career with WSP Opus.
At WSP Opus, we strive to provide a collaborative workplace that embraces diversity where our people feel included, comfortable and motivated in their careers.
Our Napier laboratory has an excellent opportunity for an industrious individual to join their team as a Laboratory Technician. The position is ideal for someone looking to develop in their career in a laboratory environment.
This role needs someone who has good attention to detail, computer literacy, and can work to targets. The role is physically demanding, requiring up to 30 kg bags of material to be moved as well as repetitive lifting from waist to shoulder height.
The position is responsible for testing of engineering materials, e.g. soil and aggregate, both in the field and in the laboratory. As there will also be a need to work off site, testing and sampling in the field, a clean driver licence is required.
- Development opportunities to suit your individual strengths or aspirations.
- Support in pursuing educational opportunities.
- Work in conjunction with our laboratories throughout New Zealand.
Napier is a lovely city with a mild climate. There are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy with the beach and ample cycleways nearby. Napier also has gorgeous cafes, shops, and art deco landmarks to enjoy.
You will have:
- At least 3 years of experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Ability to work within a team and unsupervised.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Agile and ability to think on your feet.
- Current, clean NZ driver licence.
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of what makes us great. Are you ready to be part of it?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.