Laboratory Assistant Technician
Build your career with WSP Opus. Be part of what makes us great.
At WSP Opus, we strive to provide a collaborative workplace that embraces diversity where our people feel included, comfortable and motivated in their careers.
Our Whangarei laboratory has an exciting opportunity for an industrious individual to join their team as a Laboratory Assistant / Technician. The position is ideal for a school leaver who is starting their journey in to the workforce and is looking to start a career in a laboratory environment.
The position is responsible for testing engineering materials, such as soil, concrete, and aggregate, both in the field and in the laboratory.
This role needs someone who has good attention to detail, computer literacy, and can work to targets. The role is physically demanding, requiring repetitive lifting.
As there will also be a need to work off site, testing and sampling in the field, a clean driver licence is required. Manual vehicle capability is an advantage.
· Support to complete a Connexis NZ Certificate in Civil Engineering Laboratory.
· Development opportunities to suit your individual strengths or aspirations.
· Potential to grow into leadership.
· Work in conjunction with our laboratories throughout New Zealand.
Whangarei is New Zealand’s northernmost city and offers a great work-life balance for those looking to explore nature while still enjoying city life. Whangarei is surrounded by beautiful nature and cultural heritage.
The harbour city is a great base point for world-class scuba diving, sandy beaches, and coastal walks and drives. It is also close to mountain climbs, forest walks, and cave crawls.
You can also enjoy art at one of the city’s many art galleries and along the Hatea Walkway. Learn more about the region’s Māori history at Kiwi North and maybe even spot a kiwi bird in real life.
Skills and Experience:
· NCEA level 2 minimum.
· Physically fit and enjoys being outdoors
· Ability to work within a team and unsupervised.
· Excellent communication and organisational skills.
· Agile and able to think on your feet.
· Current, clean NZ driver licence.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of what makes us great. Are you ready to be part of it?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.