Close Date: June 19, 2020
Country: New Zealand
Sector: Project Management
Job Description PDF: https://wspnz.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000zla/SyV6vVjFKiVuOnkAH3cz.hAsbgGjLOi9D1e8cnMmC9I
WSP is a collaborative team of global experts who aspire every day to shape a better tomorrow.
With more than 49,000 people working in over 550 offices across 40 countries, we are one of the world’s leading engineering consultancy firms.
We value our people, our reputation, and our impact on the future. At WSP our role is to plan, design, manage and engineer our communities to thrive. We want our work to bring long-term improvements and to future proof our cities and environments.The Role:
You will support the continued development of GIS across the WSP NZ business by providing bespoke GIS applications and add-ons. The GIS Developer/Architect will be involved in the creation and design of GIS applications and the implementation of appropriate spatial technology systems to meet WSP NZ’s business requirements.
Skills and Experience:
- Assist in the set-up, implementation and day to day management of ArcGIS for WSP
- Ownership of the WSP ArcGIS Enterprise and AGOL environments
- Supply of definitive subject matter expertise in GIS providing advice to various audiences from user level, to management and executive level, competently portraying how to extract the most from GIS technology.
- Creation and maintenance of scripts that leverage the ArcGIS platform for automation and extension of spatial capabilities.
- Creation and maintenance of add-ons, web tools and mobile apps that leverage the ArcGIS platform for automation and extension of spatial capabilities.
- Communicates the services and expertise offered by the Geospatial team effectively to clients.
How to Apply:
- Demonstrable expertise in GIS concepts and methods
- Demonstrable expertise with the Esri product stack, including detailed technical knowledge of the geodatabase structure and processes, detailed technical knowledge of ArcGIS Server and web delivery / Service Orientated Architecture concepts, detailed knowledge of ArcGIS for Desktop
- Experience with relational databases and distributed databases within a MS SQL environment
- Knowledge of the ArcGIS Server architecture and deployment – scale, capacity planning etc.
- Knowledge of systems integration, and integration methods relating to ArcGIS and procedures of data flows between ArcGIS and 3rd party systems
- Experience turning business requirements into cost effective GIS solutions
- Experience with managing GIS software applications and familiarity with database software
- Experience in the development of tools and applications within ArcGIS
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of what makes us great. Are you ready to be part of WSP? For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.
WSP recognises and values the range of characteristics that make people unique, and do this in an environment that celebrates individual and collective achievement. We believe embracing diversity and inclusion delivers positive experiences for people and clients.He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata.
What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people.