Needed is a Geotechnical Engineer to join our established Wellington team. You will provide consultancy services to our clients in the areas of Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology and Tunnelling. In particular, the successful candidate will complete site investigations, analysis, reporting, design, and construction observations for a wide array of leading civil and environmental infrastructure projects, including buildings, bridges, roading, water and wastewater, power and land development projects. If you are a natural collaborator and enjoy working in a supportive team environment, this is a great opportunity to join the WSP Opus team
• Provide assistance to clients in the preparation of design briefs for projects including preliminary programming and estimates
• The preparation of fee estimates, methodology and schedules to ensure that projects operate on a profitable basis, with appropriate technical content and timeliness.
• Planning and execution of geotechnical site investigations.
• Geotechnical analysis and design of civil engineering works.
• Construction management of civil engineering works.
• Production of technical reports and construction documents (e.g. specifications and drawings).
You will have:
• Appropriate tertiary qualification
• Current clean Drivers Licence
• Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in engineering, predominantly the geotechnical field
• Strong organisational ability to optimise and prioritise conflicting demands in a busy environment, to achieve deadlines and see responsibilities through to completion
WSP Opus is closed from the 24th of December and will open again on the 7th of January. All applications will be responded to in January once the office has re-opened.