Expression of Interest Planners – Multiple Locations
Close Date: May 5, 2020
Country: New Zealand
Sector: Talent Acquisition
Job Description PDF:
We are looking for a number of Planners to join our growing team in New Zealand and work on projects of national significance. You will be part of a tight-knit group of specialist planning consultants and take advantage of all that WSP has to offer whilst enjoying quality, career enhancing work.
In addition to our main centres of Auckland, Christchurch, Hamilton, and Wellington, we have regional businesses across New Zealand. We have a network of 25 offices and 10 laboratories from Whangarei down to Invercargill. Our regional businesses are a great place to start your career. These offices provide a broad range of services that encompass our five sectors, allowing you to diversify your development, experience, and the projects you’ll work on. You’ll be connected with the local governments, iwi, and wider clients, while still having access to our international experts and global network.
Due to our continuous growth we will have a number of roles showing up over the next few months and early next year. If your preferred location is not currently on the list, please do still apply.
Your role will be carry out design and technical advisory work for a range of external and internal clients, thereby contributing to the success of the business unit in meeting its business plan.
Promote a high level of communication within and across organisational boundaries for the benefit of clients, staff and projects.
You will have:
- Lead/ provide input into the planning of projects and assisting project managers to correctly scope out projects, with appropriate inputs, outputs and verification activities.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of resource management planning and formulates advice to clients on resource management plans and policies.
- Make sound decisions about technical issues and problem solve for clients to get the best possible outcome for a project and the environment.
- Identify innovative and original resource management planning outcomes that are well thought through and stand up to legal scrutiny.
- Prepare district plan changes, submissions on plan changes and policy statements and supporting technical reports.
Although full time is our preference, candidates with part-time / flexible working requirements are encouraged to express interest also.
- A tertiary qualification in planning/resource management or related discipline is essential.
- A member of the NZPI, EIANZ or similar.
- Experience working in the field of environmental planning.
- Dependant on level of role, 3 to 10 years of professional experience in planning/resource management or related discipline.
And how about you? You'll be agile, invested in your career have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we'll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. At WSP we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.