Environmental Scientist / Engineer
WSP Opus are a team of global experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we’re creating innovative solutions for future generations.
Our Environment & Heritage team have an excellent opportunity for an outgoing individual to join their national business as a Environmental Scientist / Engineer. The position is ideal for someone who can provide top quality contaminated land management services to clients and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues. To assist with the development of the specialist contaminated land group in the Auckland office, and lead initiatives to grow the contaminated land business in other offices within WSP Opus
You will be based in Auckland.
The opportunity but not limited to:
- Project manage and undertake contaminated land consultancy services including preliminary site investigations, detailed site investigations, remedial action plans, site validation reports, construction phase and ongoing monitoring and management plans, expert services.
- Scoping and conducting contaminated site investigations, remediation, and associated works.
- Work effectively in a team on projects, including timely and clear reporting and record systems, and ensuring other team members achieve a high level of job satisfaction.
- Fieldwork including site walkovers, soil, vapour and groundwater sampling including the use of field equipment. Supervision of contractors including excavators, drillers, and contractors. Supervising installation of monitoring wells. Asbestos identification and management.
- Active involvements in the business development of contaminated land and other related environmental services for WSP Opus.
You will have:
- Relevant Bachelor degree and Master’s degree preferable.
- Professional Memberships
- Current clean Drivers Licence.
- Significant relevant experience towards being recognised as a suitably qualified and experienced practitioner (SQEP) in accordance with NES.
And how about you? You’ll be agile, invested in your career have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we’ll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.
For further information, please view the position description and to apply on line, click on ‘apply’.