BE PART OF IT
WSP Opus is a team of experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we're creating innovative solutions for future generations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our successful Dunedin Bridge team. The successful candidate will provide consultancy services to clients with a focus on bridge and civil structures design and asset management. This will include inspections, investigations, analysis, design, reporting and supervision for a range of projects and asset management tasks. Dunedin is vibrant University City, a great place to live and work, it has an innovative culture, it’s 3.5 hours’ drive to Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes Districts, and it offers an excellent work lifestyle balance.
• Development and promotion of our bridging and civil structures expertise, delivery and profile.
• Growth of local and new markets through development of client relationships and recognition of our capability and reputation.
• Undertake investigations and inspections of bridge and other civil structures.
• Identify and proactively manage asset performance risks.
• Plan and undertake the management of bridge and civil structures projects and tasks.
You will have:
• BE and preferably Chartered equivalent to the Washington Accord.
• Current practicing certificate.
• Current full and clean Drivers Licence.
• Experience in structures asset management.
• 5 to 10 years’ experience with bridge and civil structures asset management and design.
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Sound engineering judgement and analysis and design skills, particularly for the evaluation and structural maintenance of structures.
And how about you? You'll be agile, invested in your career and have the technical expertise and the ability to contribute to our business. In return, we'll offer you a position that is interesting and you will be exposed to meaningful projects working with world leading experts. We foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.
Please note, this position requires a full and clean NZ driver’s license.