Engineer Bridges and Civil Design, Whanganui
Close Date: July 1, 2020
Country: New Zealand
Job Description PDF: https://wspnz.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000x0Y/UBoRD88Cft8hM7MelaB.4mvu_Uh8nq.O2nngxxe6nO4
Engineer Bridges and Civil Design
BE PART OF IT.
It’s the commitment to our people that sets us apart, and the calibre of our people that makes us great. Build your career with WSP and Be Part of It.
Love working on bridges? Want to work with an experienced team?
WSP is a team of experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we’re creating innovative solutions for future generations.
Our busy Whanganui office requires a Bridges and Civil Design Engineer to join our very experienced team.
This position will contribute to the success of our Whanganui team by bringing versatile skills and experience to contribute to a wide variety of civil design projects, predominantly connected to bridges across Taranaki, Manawatu and Whanganui.
You will join an experienced team in a city that offers a great lifestyle, excellent cost of living along with a work life balance. It is a community with a rich heritage, great schools, vibrant arts scene in conjunction with an abundance of activities year-round, ranging from skiing, tramping, fishing and mountain biking to local events.
Work with a team of experienced professionals to scope, design, prepare documents and supervise construction of a range of civil projects in the Whanganui area and wider region.
• Prepare reports and other documents associated with civil structures, asset management and design.
• Maintain knowledge of civil/ engineering procedures, engineering design with particular reference to current codes and specifications.
• Maintain knowledge of appropriate engineering software and design tools.
• Produce research, feasibility studies and subsequent reporting suitable for review and client presentation.
• Produce designs, calculations and drawings suitable for review purposes and preparation of contract documentation.
• Prepare and implement contract documentation, specifications, schedules and project estimates.
• Undertake construction supervision and contract administration to company and standard procedures as required.
You will have:
• 4-year tertiary qualification in the field of Civil Engineering – equivalent to the Washington Accord
• Keen interest and knowledge of the relevant design codes, standards, legislation and practices
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of bridge and civil structures engineering.
• CPENG or progress towards membership
• Experience in seismic engineering would be advantageous.
• Be proactive in adapting leading edge Civil Engineering solutions.
• Strong organisational ability to optimise and prioritise conflicting demands in a busy environment, to achieve deadlines and see responsibilities through to completion.
• Current clean Driver’s License
And how about you? You’ll be agile, invested in your career have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we’ll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.
Are you ready to be part of it?
For further information, please view the position description below and to apply online, click on 'apply'.