Close Date: April 13, 2020
Country: New Zealand
Sector: Transport Infrastructure and Road Safety
Job Description PDF: https://wspnz.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000vl2/qk4PD0Sylp_LiCml61Unbb7_TmKjfG1knKQReGs0wuo
It’s the commitment to our people that sets us apart, and the calibre of our people that makes us great. Build your career with WSP Opus and Be Part of It.
We are looking for a Civil Technician for either our Auckalnd, Wellington or Christchurch office. You will provide engineering consultancy services in the areas of Civil engineering. The role will focus on the design, analysis and site observations.
• Form part of a team engaged in providing consultancy services to clients, potentially in respect to all types of structural engineering civil engineering projects
• Be an active member of the team to investigate and undertake a range of projects and assist in the development of proposals.
• Provide general support to the team providing professional services to project managers and clients to ensure quality, efficiency and cost effectiveness of those services.
• Connect with senior staff to train and develop your skills through mentorship.
• Develop and prepare engineering drawings, plans, diagrams and layouts from engineering sketches using a computer-aided design software (AutoCAD, Revit)
• Lead and contribute to the continued development and improvement of Civil3d, CAD standards, drawing and BIM processes within the Survey and Infrastructure Development group.
• Ensure that appropriate verification and technical reviews are undertaken on all projects.
• Assist with the management of projects, including timely and clear reporting and record systems.
• Ensure that safe working practices are followed at all times.
You will have:
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organisational skills and ability to optimise and prioritise conflicting demands.
• A tertiary qualification in civil engineering or NZCE (Equivalent) with appropriate training and experience.
• Current Drivers Licence.
• Two plus years of professional experience.
• Experience in computer-aided draughting software (e.g. AutoCAD, Revit) Civil 3d and BIM experience (minimum of three years preferred).
Be part of what makes us great. At WSP Opus, we believe that each of our people has a valuable contribution to make. We strive to provide a collaborative workplace that embraces diversity, where our people feel included, comfortable and motivated in their careers.
Are you ready to be part of the future at WSP Opus?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.