Career opportunity – Intermediate Bridge Engineer – Auckland
WSP Opus is a team of experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we’re creating innovative solutions for future generations. .
Our Guiding Principles shape us as an organisation; we value our people, our reputation and our impact on the future. We are looking for a Bridge Engineer to join our Bridges and Civil Structures team.
The role is based in Auckland and will provide you incredible growth via the opportunity to be involved in some of the largest bridge and civil structures projects in the Auckland region. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and design management of a variety of bridge and other civil structures in addition to the asset management of existing road and rail bridges. This is an excellent career opportunity to further develop your technical, client services, project management and financial reporting skills with the benefits of being located in our central Auckland office.
- Work as part of a supportive and passionate design team with an excellent team culture
- Be part of design teams on some of the largest infrastructure projects in Auckland and New Zealand.
- Provide innovative thinking and continue to develop our advances in the industry
You will have:
- A 4-year tertiary qualification in an area related to Bridge and Civil Engineering
- Be working towards Chartered Professional Engineering (CPEng) status
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the field of Bridge Engineering
- Affiliation to and membership of relevant professional bodies and technical groups
- A desire to develop innovative solutions for complex engineering projects.
And how about you? You’ll be agile, invested in your career and have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. To be successful, you must be a self-starter and able to show initiative. You will have the opportunity to work autonomously so your confidence, organisational skills and ability to multitask will be fully utilised. Give the consultancy nature of our business, you will also need to demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills.
In return, we’ll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. At WSP Opus, we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success. If you are looking for a change and a challenge, we have a place for you.
Apply online by clicking on ‘apply’ and for further information, please view the position description on our careers page www.wsp-opuscareers.co.nz
Please note the internal title for this role is Intermediate Bridge Engineer.