Bridge Engineer, Napier
Close Date: October 28, 2019
Country: New Zealand
Job Description PDF: https://ap5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/7F000000s3kn/a/7F0000000hyi/69bJvQdrFztesD0wAksiQhIayDYZ5SobX522wi73kG8
It’s the commitment to our people that sets us apart, and the calibre of our people that makes us great. Build your career with WSP Opus and Be Part of It.
Needed is a talented bridge Engineer to join our successful Napier office. The successful candidate will support the Napier Bridging team by undertaking and overseeing bridging and civil structures design and asset management services. You will plan design and asset management activities and undertake specific projects to meet the required technical delivery standards. In addition, you will contribute to the development and promotion of our bridging/civil structures expertise, delivery and profile. If you are a natural collaborator and enjoy working in a supportive team environment, this is a great opportunity to join the WSP Opus team. Our organisation offers great opportunities for career progression, mentoring and we support ongoing career development.
You will join an experienced team in a city that offers a great lifestyle, great weather, excellent cost of living with work life balance. It is an area with rich art deco history, great schools, some of the best wineries in the country, great restaurants and coffee places in conjunction with an abundance of activities year-around, ranging from skiing, tramping, fishing, mountain biking and an amazing network of local cycle paths to explore.
• Act as Project Manager or Task Manager for bridge/civil structure design and asset management activities and for specific projects, ensuring that all deliverables meet client’s expectations.
• Investigation, design, documentation and construction observation of structural maintenance and other bridge and civil structures project related work.
• Bridge and civil structures inspections and collation of field data and results of investigative work.
• Bridge and civil structures evaluations including structural analysis
• Prioritisation and management of repair programmes and other activities.
You will have:
• BE, chartered or about to be chartered with relevant structural options as part of their degree.
• Current practicing certificate.
• Current clean and full Driver Licence.
• Minimum of 4 years of professional experience with sound asset management and structural design analysis skills.
• Financial Management experience
• Computer literate and experienced with relevant structural analysis applications e.g. Microstran, Lusas and Excel.
Are you ready to be part of it?
For further information, please view the position description. To apply, just follow the link and apply online.