We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and now, that’s where you come in….
WSP Opus are a team of global experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we’re creating innovative solutions for future generations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bridge Engineer to join our Bridge and Civil Structures team. Based in Hamilton the primary responsibility for this role is the effective delivery of the structural inspection programme for bridges and major civil structures throughout the Waikato region. In addition, the Bridge Asset Management Engineer is involved with the design of remedial works and improvements, cost estimation, resource management, liaison with stakeholders, and monitoring of physical works construction. This role is an integral part of the team and there is room to grow and progress your career both technically and in leadership.
- Have access to unrivaled technical experts globally and work with leading figures in the industry
- Varied and interesting role where you can truly be part of creating what matters for future generations.
- Provide innovative thinking and continue to develop our advances in the industry
You will have:
- A tertiary qualification/Bachelor’s degree in the field of Civil Engineering.
- At least five years practical experience in construction, inspection and maintenance of relevant infrastructure.
- Chartership or be near to chartership
- An excellent knowledge of NZ’s structural engineering codes and practices.
- Knowledge of relevant structural Analysis Software packages (eg, Lusas and Microstran)
And how about you? You’ll be agile, invested in your career have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. To be successful, you must be a self-starter and able to show initiative. You will have the opportunity to work autonomously so your confidence, organisational skills and ability to multitask will be fully utilised. Given the consultancy nature of our business, you will also need to demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills.
In return, we’ll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. At WSP Opus, we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success. If you are looking for a change and a challenge, we have a place for you!
For further information, please view the position description and to apply online, click on ‘apply’. Please note the internal title for this role is Bridge Asset Managment Engineer.