WSP Opus is a team of experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we’re creating innovative solutions for future generations.
Our busy Whanganui office requires an Bridge and Civil Structures Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will meet the needs our of clients through the provision of professional consulting services. This position will contribute to the success of our Whanganui team by bringing versatile skills and experience to contribute to a wide variety of civil design projects. You will join an experienced team in a city that offers a great lifestyle, excellent cost of living along with a work life balance. It is a community with a rich heritage, vibrant arts scene in conjunction with an abundance of activities year round, ranging from skiing, tramping, fishing and mountain biking to local events, galleries and glass works.
Work with a team of experienced professionals to scope, design, prepare documents and supervise construction of a range of civil projects in the Whanganui area and wider region. Specifically;
• Prepare reports and other documents associated with civil/environmental engineering services.
• Maintain knowledge of civil/ engineering procedures, engineering design with particular reference to current codes and specifications.
• Maintain knowledge of appropriate engineering software and design tools.
• Produce research, feasibility studies and subsequent reporting suitable for review and client presentation.
• Produce designs, calculations and drawings suitable for review purposes and preparation of contract documentation.
• Prepare and implement contract documentation, specifications, schedules and project estimates.
• Undertake construction supervision and contract administration to company and standard procedures as required.
You will have:
• A tertiary qualification in the field of Civil Engineering
• Keen interest and knowledge of the relevant design codes, standards, legislation and practices
• Be proactive in adapting leading edge Civil Engineering solutions.
• Strong organisational ability to optimise and prioritise conflicting demands in a busy environment, to achieve deadlines and see responsibilities through to completion.
• Current clean Drivers License
And how about you? You’ll be agile, invested in your career have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we’ll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects working with world leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.
For further information, please view the position description below and to apply online, click on ‘apply’.